Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Dally's Death

When Dally had run, off after Johnny had die, we all just stood in the house. We were waiting for Pony to come home. Then the door was opened and in came a Pony. He was slightly swaying and I ran to catch him. "Soda?" asked Ponyboy drearily. "Ya, it's me, Soda." I told him quietly. I laid him down onto the sofa and sat down with him. Then the phone rang and it was Dally again. He told us to meet at the vacant lot quickly and told us to bring everyone. I was debating on whether to bring Pony or not, but I did anyway. I wrapped his arm around me and we made our way to the lot. We saw Dally run up to a lighted street lamp and stop. There were police cars chasing him and the police got out. They told Dally to put down the money and to put his hands up. But Dally did neither. We watched in horror of what he was going to do next. He had brought out a gun. I remember distinctly Pony telling me that Dally had a fake gun and that he might use it when the time comes. Then it quickly dawned to me and my face paled. Steve noticed and asked me what's wrong. "Put your hands up right now!" yelled a police officer. Dally had raised his gun this time and the police had saw, They started shooting at him. Dally's body shook with the bullets until he finally fell into a heap onto the ground. We all watched in horror of what just happened, replaying the scene over in our minds. We had lost another one tonight, 

No comments:

Post a Comment