Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The Greaser and Soc Rumble

The Rumble

So, we were walking down the street, making our way down to the vacant lot. As we got there, I had saw that Tim Shephard and his gang were already there. "Hey Soda! Long time no see." greeted Tim. "Yah, I guess it's been a while." I replied, giving him a firm handshake. Then another gang, the Brumly boys, had arrived. We shook hands to affirm our alliance with each other and began to wait for the Socs to arrive. Then Tim yelled, "Hey, Curtis!" "Which one?" I yelled back. "The big one!" he responded. Darry had gone to him and by the time they were done, the Socs were arriving. They were wearing their madras shirts and got out of their four mustangs. I looked around me and saw that most of us were giving the Socs dirty looks. "Well, we all know the rules, don't we? Nothing but fists and the first one to run loses." the Soc in the front said. We all murmured a yes. "Well, who wants to start?" There was an uneasy silece. "I'll start." said Darry, suddenly. "Well, I guess I'll take you one then." said a mysterious, but familiar voice. He stepped out from the middle of the Soc gang and came into the light. "Well, well. If it isn't Paul." drawled Darry. Both Darry and Paul were staring each other down. They started to circle each other. "Hey, wait for me!" yelled a familiar voice. Dally had run over to us. Darry had glanced at him and Paul took that opportunity to swing a hard right to the jaw and the rumble had started. A Soc had jumped on top of me and I punched him hard in the stomach. Then another Soc came at me and I kicked him in the knee. While beating up that guy, I heard Steve yell. I quickly made my way over to him to see him being beaten the life outta him. On my way there, I saw that Pony was being kicked hard in the ribs. I wanted to go help him, but Darry beat me to it. He was slugging the two Socs and I did not want to be in their place. When I got to Steve, I beat the living daylights outta that Soc and threw him onto the ground in a tumbled heap. I began talking to Steve in a low voice to help calm him down from his anger. Then I heard Two-Bit yell," Look at them run! They're leaving, they're leaving!" They were getting into their cars and speedily drove away. We all had one thing on our mind, and that was: we had finally beaten the Socs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment